My Weight Loss Journey!
This project was developed by the University of Michigan, with funding from the Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute.
The Michigan Bariatric Surgery Collaborative has partnered with hundreds of surgeons and tens of thousands of patients to create this weight loss surgery tool.Eligible participants will receive:
- a personalized estimate of their individualized benefits of weight loss surgery.
- an outline of risks, based on their current health and medical conditions.
- an estimate of how much weight a person would lose with each surgery, based on their individual characteristics - like gender, race, current weight, and medical conditions.
- information about how to manage life after surgery.
- access to video testimonials from former patients - on their lives both before and after surgery.